Purpose: A death of persons which is not announced within the regular deadline of registration in the Registry of Death in the (30 days) may be registered later, and a registration fee must be paid thereafter.
Description: The applicant submits the request at the Civil Status Office for late registration in the death registry. The civil status officer will examine and issue a decision on registration of death.
Validity of procedure administrative: Permanent
- Name and surname (name of parent) of the person whose death is being registered
- Name and Surname of the applicant
- General information on the applicant (address, personal number)
Anticipated time within which must be answered for procedure (days): 30
- Birth certificates of the deceased (Original)
- Proof of death from the medical institution (if death occurs in the health institution) (Original)
- ID card (Copy)
- Confirmation that the deceased has not been presented in the Registry of Civil Status at the place of death (Original)
- Marriage Certificate of the deceased (if he/she was married) (Original)
- Witnessed by two people who confirm the death of the deceased (if death occurs outside of health institution). (Original)
- For Violent/accidental deaths, a prosecutors document issued at the person's place of death is required (Original)